Central Coast German Shepherds ~ A Hobby Breeder in Central California LIMITED REGISTRATION HEALTH Warranty & Purchase Agreement
Great care is taken into consideration of each and every breeding. To protect our breeding lines, limited Registration is provided. If you plan to breed in the future, please discuss this with Central Coast German Shepherds in advance & request our Breeding Contract. Our Limited Registration puppies are sold with a Spay / Neuter requirement and are not for breeding purposes. Although our puppies are of high quality, not every puppy is suitable for breeding. Our breeding puppies are significantly more expensive and require Health Testing and study of pedigrees & health testing and study of pedigrees of prospective suitable breeding partners as well. It takes more than just pretty dogs with a nice personality to consider them for breeding. We wish to maintain the high quality of the lines that we have worked so hard to achieve and do not want irresponsible breeding from our offspring.
Health Warranty does not include any services such as training packages. No refunds are given for any Training Services, Special Options such as Pick of the Litter Premium or Reservation Fees.
2. Central Coast German Shepherds agrees to warranty Hips to be rated at fair or better through the Orthopedic Foundation of American (OFA) (A3) between 24-26 months of age. If Hip Dysplasia is suspected, the buyer must submit X Rays and diagnosis from Certified Orthopedic Veterinarian to Central Coast German Shepherds for review by Central Coast German Shepherds Veterinarian. Position is critical when taking the X Rays so, if it is determined that positioning may be a cause of findings, the buyer agrees to have additional X Rays performed by Central Coast German Shepherds Veterinarian, at buyers expense. If X Rays are questionable, Under the sole discretion of Breeder, additional reading of X Rays by OFA may be required, at buyers expense. Any dog that has been screened with Penn-Hip will not be covered under any warranties. All regular vaccinations must have been completed according to the Central Coast German Shepherds Vaccination Protocol as provided on Vaccination Record. Overweight, Obese or Injured puppies/dogs will not be covered under this warranty.
3. No other health conditions are warrantied. The breeder is not responsible for contagious disease or accidental death and is not responsible for any veterinary expenses whatsoever.
4. Central Coast German Shepherds makes no guarantees that the puppy's ears will stand.
5. Central Coast German Shepherds will not honor any of the terms of the Warranty if a female has been mated whether or not she becomes pregnant.
6. Central Coast German Shepherds guarantees that said puppy is purebred and the breeder will provide the buyer with an AKC Limited (Non-Breeding Rights) Registration Application.
7. Central Coast German Shepherds guarantees that the temperament of this dog is sound at time that puppy is delivered to the buyer.
8. Central Coast German Shepherds will not provide any guarantees for any dog that has been spayed or neutered, males prior to 20 months of age, females prior to 18 months of age.
9. In the event that the Hip Guarantee is honored, Central Coast German Shepherds will provide another dog/puppy of the same quality, age, gender and value of what the puppy was at the time of original purchase when a puppy becomes available. Buyer is required to return the original puppy/dog to Central Coast German Shepherds to obtain warranty replacement. Decisions for buyers to be able to retain the original puppy may be considered under certain circumstances and that decision remains at the sole discretion of Central Coast German Shepherds. Return expenses of puppy/dog is the sole responsibility of the buyer. No more than 1 replacement puppy will be honored.
10. Central Coast German Shepherds reserves first right of ownership of the dog, if the owner intends to sell, give away or transfer ownership to another at any time during the dog's life. Purchasing and adopting a puppy or dog from us is a promise to make a lifelong commitment in all aspects for providing a forever home with the best care possible. German Shepherds bond incredibly to their owners and it can be quite traumatic for a German Shepherd to be moved from home to home. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. Puppies are greatly discounted in price to pet homes. If the buyer should place their puppy into an alternate home at any time during the puppy's life instead of returning the puppy to Central Coast German Shepherds, the buyer will be responsible to pay Central Coast German Shepherds an additional $2,500.00 which would constitute the Full Retail Price of the puppy.
11. Central Coast German Shepherds is a small Hobby Breeder. Buyers acknowledge that we are not large commercial breeders, therefore, we offer NO CASH REFUNDS.
12. The entire Agreement between the parties is contained herein. In the event of a dispute, Paso Robles, California will have jurisdiction over the matter.
13. Diet plays a significant role in environmentally caused (non-genetic) Hip Dysplasia therefore, Buyer agrees to feed a high quality diet of Life’s Abundance Puppy until 15 months of age and Life’s Abundance All Stages beyond 15 months of age and throughout the warranty period. It is recommended for the health of your puppy to remain on Life’s Abundance Diet and treats for the duration of your dog’s life. Exceptions may be considered for this requirement, under certain circumstances and must be agreed to by the breeder, in writing, PRIOR to changing your puppies diet to be covered under any warranty in this agreement. In addition, recently many pet foods have been under investigation by the FDA with suspicion of causing DCM - Dilated Cardiomyopathy (Non-Genetic Heart Disease). Although many of those cases appear to be associated with Grain Free Diets there are reports of cases being studied with Non-Grain Free Diets as well. Life’s Abundance Diets are not one of the companies being investigated for causing DCM. Life's Abundance is a MLM company however, we offer the diet to our customers at our cost and will never ask you to sign up to become a distributor. Their products are delivered right to your doorstep and have no artificial colors, no preservatives, no fillers. There has never been a recall on this diet and they are able to notify every one of their clients immediately if there should ever be a recall. This requirement is due to only 20% of Dysplasia being genetic and 80% environmental. Although customary for our breed to have a Hip Warranty, generally it is only for a year, we warranty for 26 months. We are warranting conditions that we have very little control over therefore, we do not think it is not unreasonable to request you feed this high quality diet at least throughout the warranty period as a result.
14. No health conditions are present at the time of buyer(s) receipt of puppy unless otherwise noted in the attached Breeders Veterinary Well Check Exam. Please note that male puppies typically have their testicles drop between 8-12 weeks of age and our Vet exam is generally done at 7-7 ½ weeks old. If the health check notes male puppy is Cryptorchid it means the testicles have not descended at the time of the breeder's health exam. Breeder does not guarantee that testicles will drop. If the testicles do not drop, the neuter could have additional costs associated with it. Puppy is being sold as a pet quality and is not for breeding.
15. Buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by their own Veterinarian within 3 Business Days of receipt of puppy to confirm Health of Puppy. If the buyer does not have a Veterinary Well Check Exam any and all Warranties will be void.
16. Puppy / Dog is sold as a Pet with Limited AKC Registration. Buyer does not have breeding rights for this puppy. Buyer shall not neuter or spay this puppy until a minimum of 15 months for females and 20 months for males. If the buyer should breed this puppy they will be in breach of this contract. Breeding Rights for our puppies are significantly more expensive and require appropriate health testing of not only our breeding puppies but the dog it is considered to be bred to. Careful consideration and studying pedigrees have been made to each and every breeding to maintain the high quality of our offspring. If a puppy buyer should breed this puppy at any time, they will owe Central Coast German Shepherds damages of $5,000, per puppy produced by said puppy. These damages are considered the additional costs, not including the original purchase price of the puppy. Due to default of the purchase agreement Central Coast will not provide Full Registration in order for buyer to register any offspring. This agreement is non-transferable and hip warranty applies only to the original buyer of the puppy.